Experience DevOps (Post-Summit Workshop) Fees:
- 25 March Date Fully Booked
- Standard price: £275 + VAT
- Special price: £195 + VAT, if booked together with DevOps Summit.
Experience DevOps is an interactive workshop in which you will experience in person the transformation from separate Dev and Ops silos to a collaborative DevOps approach.
Effective cross-team collaboration and organisational culture are fundamental to DevOps. In this interactive, hands-on workshop, attendees will learn how to nurture a DevOps culture within their organisation, whether starting from scratch, or in order to improve. Through practical exercises, interactive sessions, and experience reports, including a simulation of an organisational transformation, attendees will gain the insights, knowledge, and experience needed to sustain a DevOps culture within their organisation.
The Experience DevOps workshop will explore: the power of shared goals and aligned incentives; the nature of effective communication; how to approach requirements for both Dev and Ops; monitoring and metrics for software systems and for collaboration; the importance of learning and continuous improvement.
In addition, you will learn:
- The key success factors for DevOps, including quality, repeatability, and reliability
- How to build a culture for collaboration between Dev and Ops, including how to recognise trust and suspicion in your organisation
- Why short feedback loops are essential for effective software systems today
- Why software operability is a key enabler for DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- How to collaborate for effective operability
- The relationship between DevOps and other approaches such as Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, etc.
- How different teams view agile practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, and why this is important.
- How to distinguish different DevOps team structures in our ‘DevOps Anatomy’ class, and how to choose a structure suitable for your organisation
The workshop is specially designed for members of application development teams, infrastructure development teams, and operations teams. The focus will be on team interaction and collaboration; there will be no programming, coding or scripting. The aim of the workshop is to enable attendees to take their experience of DevOps culture back to their own organisations, and even run their own workshop, based on the open source Experience DevOps materials.
The Experience DevOps team is: